Chandler Same-Day Crowns
CEREC CAD/CAM technology has modernized the process of creating a dental crown, making it faster and more precise. Before CEREC, you could expect at least two visits to the dentist if you needed a crown.
- During the first visit, your tooth would be prepared, or filed into a shape to support the permanent crown.
- Next, impressions would be taken of the prepared tooth so the crown would fit. Then the dentist would place a temporary crown over the tooth to protect it. Temporary crowns may not fit well and can be uncomfortable.
- You’d wear the temporary crown for a few weeks while the lab made your permanent crown. During this period, you’d have to be careful not to eat anything chewy that could dislodge the temporary crown.
- Only when the dentist received the new permanent crown from the lab could you come back to the office to have it bonded in place.
CEREC Same-Day Crowns
Thanks to CEREC CAD/CAM technology, Drs. Walden and Beavers can prepare your tooth, take impressions, craft the new crown, and bond it in place—all in the same appointment. CAD/CAM stands for computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing.
There are many advantages of CEREC crowns:
- They are durable enough for molars.
- They come in the full continuum of tooth shades.
- They’re crafted of metal-free biocompatible ceramic.
- They can be designed and made in one appointment
- There’s no need for uncomfortable temporary crowns.
- CAD/CAM crowns fit your bite perfectly, so the finished crown will feel natural in your mouth.
The CEREC process starts with digital impressions. Using a small handheld tool, we’ll scan the surfaces of your teeth and gums to create a complete 3D digital model of your mouth. Dr. Walden or Dr. Beavers will view this model in the CEREC CAD system and design a unique crown that fits your mouth and complements your other teeth. The computer program simulates your bite with the new crown, so the finished tooth will be comfortable. Next, the doctor will send your crown to the CEREC CAM system for creation.
After the CEREC machine mills your crown, Dr. Walden or Dr. Beavers will try the crown out in your mouth. If you are happy with the crown, he will bond it in place. You’ll leave the office with your tooth fully restored, and you’ll be able to smile and eat comfortably.
If you’d like to make an appointment and learn more about CEREC same-day crowns, please call 480-755-1661 or contact us using this form.